In Philly, we stuff our peppers with cheesesteak.
What you need:
- 1 lb. strip steak (I just bought the kind at the store that’s already sliced for this very reason)
- 4-6 peppers, the bigger the better
- A slice of provolone cheese for every pepper you have
- 1-1 1/2 yellow onions
- 6 oz. mushrooms
- S&P to taste
- Tomato sauce (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400. slice your peppers in half and gut them. Place in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20-25 mins.
2. Slice up your onions and mushrooms and saute together until just cooked through. Cook your steak in separate pan and season with S&P. Combine the onions mushrooms and steak together and leave on simmer if finished before your peppers.
3. When your peppers are done, line the inside of each with half a slice of cheese. Fill each pepper with the steak and veggies and add a little tomato sauce if desired. Top each pepper with another half slice of cheese and pop back in the oven for 15 mins.
4. Enjoy your philly stuffed peppers =)
Isn’t it sad that I can’t even take the picture before I dig in. Whoops…