You’d think after blogging recipes for so long I would have learned a better process by now but I always forget something. I’ve made this dip twice and each time I have forgotten to take a picture of the final product. Probably because I always decide to make it so last minute and it just slips my mind..
Jalapeno Popper Dip
What you need
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (the original recipe I found called for mayo but I like to replace mayo with greek yogurt in cases like this, much healthier..)
- 4 oz Velveeta, cut into ¼ in cubes
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- half a roll of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 scallion, chopped
What you do
- Preheat over to 350°.
- Beat cream cheese and yogurt in a bowl until blended.
- Mix in the Velveeta and peppers.
- Melt the butter and toss with the crushed crackers.
- Spread the cream cheese and pepper mix into a pie plate and sprinkle the crackers on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with scallions.
Don’t let the name scare you. Its actually not that hot. Although, Velveeta does make a jalapeno cheese which might add some spice to it if you want to kick it up a notch.