To warm you up during this cold, cold, snowy winter, there’s nothing better then some chili..
What you need
- 1 lb ground turkey
- I large carrot peeling and chopped
- I medium onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 hot sauce
- 7 oz can tomato sauce
- 7 oz zesty chili style can diced tomatoes (Del Monte)
- Shredded cheese and scallions for garnish
- (add beans if you’d like but I’m not a bean person..)
What to do
- Start by adding a little bit of olive oil to a medium pot, over medium to high heat. Add the ground turkey and a little bit of S&P and brown.
- Add the carrots, onion, garlic, chili powder and paprika. Cook until the veggies are a little softer, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, hot sauce, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for at least 15 minutes. The longer it simmers the thicker it will get, so simmer until desired (up to an hour.)
- Add more seasonings if desired.
- Serve with cheese and scallions or however you’d like. Enjoy!