Are you, like me, the kind of person who leaves not a spare minute in the morning before rushing out the door? If I can do it on the road or at work I don’t do it at home. Breakfast is one of those things. I never eat breakfast at home and so I try and find anything that I can bring to work and eat. Sometimes I get bored of the banana and yogurt. I like oatmeal but hot cereal isn’t quite my thing. So here is a mixture of both…
Mason Jar Overnight Oats
What you need:
- 2 Mason jars
- Quick Oats
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Fruit (whatever you want)
- Cinnamon and sweetener optional
What to do:
- Gather 2 mason jars, I don’t recommend making more than 2 at a time because the fruit won’t stay that long.
- Following the directions on the oatmeal container add the right amount of oatmeal for one serving to each jar.
- Then add slightly less milk then the directions suggest to each jar.
- Add about 1 Tbsp of greek yogurt to each jar.
- Add the cinnamon and sweetener if you’re like me, and only like oatmeal when it has a taste…
- Close the lid and shake to combine.
- Reopen the jar and add whatever fruit or toppings you want.
- Suggested Flavors:
- Strawberries and bananas
- Blueberries and bananas
- Strawberries and Kiwi