A while back I did a 21st birthday post, with a lot of alcoholic dessert recipes, its one of my more popular posts so I figure I would post some modifications to my Margarita cupcakes. You can find the original post here.
This time, I opted for a more lazy recipe. I just bought confetti cake mix and made the cupcakes from a box. I still stuck with the same icing but I added some extra flair this time.
I thought the straws were a cute touch. Next time I’m going to add a small shot a tequila to the middle so you can sip a shot before you dig in. =)
Sometimes I like to be elaborate and sometimes I like to be simple. When it comes to baking that is… So here’s a super simple cheesecake recipe that requires no baking a little effort.
No-bake Cherry Cheesecake
What you need:
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 10 Tbsp (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 can cherry pie filling
What to do:
- Cream together 1/2 cup of the sugar and cream cheese until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- in a stand mixer, whip cream until small peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture, once combined, add the remaining whipped cream and fold in gently.
- In another bowl, combine graham crackers, sugar, melted butter and stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute the graham cracker mixture into 2 lightly greased cupcake tins. Use a shot glass to pack the graham cracker crust tightly into each tin.
- Spoon even amounts of the cream cheese mixture evenly into each tin and spread to fill.
- We’re done! Place the tins in the freezer for 1 hour and then use a knife to pop each cheesecake out and then refrigerate until ready. Spoon a few cherries on top of each before serving.